My sister-in-law shared this recipe with me a couple years ago and it has been a favorite ever since! These biscuits are a perfect complement to any breakfast – they’re easy to make and they come out of the oven hot and delicious. The men in your life will be impressed. 🙂
Easy Homemade Biscuits
2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut butter into flour using a fork.
- Stir in milk to form a ball of dough.
- Knead dough on a floured board 5 -6 times.
- Roll or pat to 1/2 thick and cut out biscuits.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 8 – 12 minutes.
Makes Approx. 8 biscuits
I had about 20 minutes to make breakfast before the guys came up from the barn this morning……..yes, they are extremely spoiled! Ha! Between my mother-in-law and I, they get a hot breakfast every morning. Of course, when they’ve been working since 4:00am, they’re pretty ravenous by the time 8:30 rolls around!
I was tired of the usual bacon, ham, or sausage deal when I opened the fridge and remembered that I had some chicken breasts that I needed to use before they went bad. Thus, the birth of the chicken biscuit! I didn’t measure out my ingredients so here’s my best estimate for the recipe. 🙂 They were delicious!
Chicken Nuggets for Chicken Biscuits
1 1/2 large chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
1 egg, beaten
2 heaping tablespoons flour
1 heaping tablespoon powdered sugar
Biscuits of your choice
- Start heating approx. 1/4 inch of oil in the bottom of a small skillet.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch (or smaller) chunks.
- Beat egg in small bowl.
- Stir together the flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper in another small bowl.
- Dip chicken chunks into beaten egg.
- Roll chicken chunks in flour mixture.
- Fry floured chicken chunks in oil until deep golden brown and cooked through (approx 10 – 15 min depending on size).
- Serve on your favorite biscuits!